Interior & FF&E Designer Engineer (Sharjah Based)
United Arab Emirates
Welcome to MIMAR Society
We are always striving to attract and retain highly motivated and talented professionals
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Interior and FF&E Designer, on-site to join our team.
The Interior and FF&E Designer, is responsible for the supervising of interior spaces and furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) for hospitality projects. This includes working with clients to understand their needs and will be responsible for inspecting and approving the installation of FF&E on site.
- Inspect and approve the installation of FF&E on site.
- Review and approve colour and materials samples.
- Review and approve submittals of furniture, fixtures and millwork.
- Provide onsite coordination with the installation contractor to approve furniture arrangements.
- Locate decorative materials, artwork, and accessories, and prepare a punch list of defective items.
- Review, comment on, and/or approve shop drawings, samples, etc., for both fixed decor and FF&E as required.
- Keep reviewing until all items are to the entire satisfaction of the Operator, Owner and Designer within the timeframe given by the Project Manager.
- Respond to Contractors’ RFIs within the timeframe given by the Project Manager.
- Inspect notified site problems related to FF&E and develop solutions where required. Submit a report upon each site visit detailing defects, and problems and advise solutions.
- Attend coordination meetings with the Project Construction team including Project Managers and other Consultants.
- Comment on and make recommendations on all aspects of design and any proposed substitution of materials.
- Provide progressive lists of incomplete or defective work, particularly in the lead-up to Take-Over or Phased Handover.
- Coordinate with other members of the design team, such as architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Communicate effectively with clients, suppliers, and other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in interior design for high-profile hospitality projects.
- Strong knowledge of interior design principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on-site and manage a project from start to finish.
- The ability to work with a variety of materials and finishes.
- The ability to manage a project from start to finish.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work effectively with construction crews and other on-site personnel.
Days off: As per site schedule
Location: Sharjah- UAE