Welcome to MIMAR Society
We are always striving to attract and retain highly motivated and talented professionals.
As a Specification Writer, you will be responsible for preparing
and developing detailed fit-out project specifications as well as working with
engineers, suppliers, operations personnel, manuals, and other materials to
develop project specifications. Preference will be given to qualified candidates who can demonstrate experience in the following:
- Interprets architectural or engineering drawings and prepares material lists and specifications to be used as standards in material processing, manufacturing or construction activities.
- Writes, edits and coordinates architectural specifications, technical descriptions which specifying material qualities and properties, utilizing knowledge of material standards, industrial processes, and manufacturing procedures.
- Develops specifications for the design development phase.
- Prepares project manuals for the construction documents phase.
- Searches for methods, materials, and systems to maintain a technical resources library.
- Coordinates, and reviews specification writing by other consultants.
- May draw rough sketches or arrange for finished drawings or photographs to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Request pricing from suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience for the architectural & interior profession and the construction industry.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel – Word).
- REVIT and CAD software knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent command of the English Language.
- Perfect communication skills