Welcome to MIMAR Society
We are always striving to attract and retain highly motivated and talented professionals.
We are currently seeking a Tendering Engineer to join our office in Cairo. As a tendering engineer, you will be responsible for preparing B.O.Q and developing detailed project specifications as well as working with engineers, suppliers, and other materials to develop both B.O.Q & specifications.
Preference will be given to a qualified candidate who can demonstrate experience in the following:
• Prepares cost estimates in the early design stage.
• Understand the project requirements interpret design or engineering drawings and prepare tender documents, B.O.Q, material lists and specifications in Master Format.
• Review project drawings and all materials to prepare specifications of the project in compliance with B.O.Q.
• Quantity Survey all civil, architectural and interior works for the tender package.
• Prepare a breakdown for all construction materials according to the current market prices.
• Attends bidding negotiations regarding spec and priced B.O.Q and replies to all clarifications required in the tender process.
• Searches for methods, materials, and systems to maintain a technical resources library.
• Represent the department and participate in summits related to specification/ materials development.
• Assists the designers in selecting materials.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering with 4-6 years of experience.
• Preferred to have previous experience with Saudi and Gulf projects and codes.
• Knowledge of new products and materials application methods.
• Thorough knowledge of the CSI and Principle of measurements (POMI).
• Current with Green materials and LEED.
• Excellent command of the English Language.
• REVIT is a must.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and CAD.
• Good communication skills.
• Working hours: 8:00 to17:00
• Days off: Friday & Saturday
• Location: 1st Settlement- New Cairo